RLC Solutions GmBH is a Berlin-based one-stop startup agency for all gift card needs: from insights and consultancy to sales, program management and tech solutions.
What is so special about gift cards? Gift cards are among the top five most popular gifts across Europe, and number one gift in Germany. They’re also one of the most common incentives used for employee rewards, loyalty programs and promotional campaigns. In 2022, the sales of gift cards were 472 billion USD worldwide – this is not a small industry! Gift cards are also a very profitable product for brands and retailers, who can generate up to 10% of their overall revenue through gift cards. The gift card industry keeps growing year after year, and we have identified a need for brands and incentive companies to receive support in understanding the potential of this category or how to penetrate this market.
What is our mission?
Our mission is to provide growth and continuing impact on the gift card and incentive industries, by providing access to trends, innovation and facilitating meaningful business connections. We want to be the “go to agency” in Europe for leading brands looking for industry insights, technology, and business acceleration.
Companies such as Adidas, Mango, TK Maxx, Zalando, Thalia or Footlocker have already placed their trust in us and have our support on different projects across Europe.
We are dynamic, full of energy and with great ideas that will disrupt the gift card industry!
We don’t stop learning: since the moment we started our business we have worked with many top level, well known consumer brands across Europe and the world! We are constantly adding services and testing new business models.
We work hard when it is needed, but we also believe that having the right work-life balance is the key to succeeding long-term. Our team works completely independently and sometimes remotely. We fully trust each other and focus primarily on results.
What would be your main tasks and responsibilities?
1. Client management: ensuring that clients receive the best possible solutions to achieve their business goals by building trustful relationships while establishing yourself as a strategic sparring partner. Supporting clients of our SaaS white-label gift card store platform solution with the launch of their platform, their user and operational experience, platform management and the identification of growth potential. Ensuring our existing clients are satisfied through after-sales care, as well as gaining and using valuable feedback. Secure SLAs are kept for our clients.
2. Incident management: acting as a point of contact for complaints and escalating issues as appropriate. Evaluating and recording platform bugs flagged by our clients and reporting these to the tech team, guiding and informing our clients throughout this process.
3. Development initiatives: understanding the needs for development features of brands using our white-label platform, creating user-briefs for the tech development team, collecting estimates, and creating/negotiating commercial proposals for our clients.
4. New sales opportunities: identifying new sales opportunities and making product development and sales teams aware of these. This might involve researching, monitoring, and analyzing industry trends but also understanding how to convert existing client’s needs into growth opportunities for RLC Solutions. Giving presentations to clients about products or services and creating commercial proposals.
5. Project management platform: supporting new clients in the launch phase of their gift card store platform, creating project plans, securing timelines, collecting required information and assets from our clients, securing efficient ways of communication pre- and post-onboarding. Coordinating deliverables and timelines with the internal teams.
6. Project management general: supporting a variety of other company projects based on demand (within consulting, market research, acquisition etc.). Coordinate people and processes to ensure that our projects are delivered on time and produce the desired results. Developing detailed project plans, ensuring resource availability and allocation and delivering every project on time within budget and scope.
7. Process improvement: achieving operational excellence. Continuously driving process improvement by identifying key opportunities for simplification & automation, measuring and monitoring progress performance using key metrics.
8. Reporting: Designing and maintaining templates, project documentation, tender templates, project reviews and reports for the management team.
9. Other company projects: based on company demands you might be supporting other projects with your skills (e.g. in marketing, sales, operations, tech development). This will allow you to branch out and gain valuable insights and learnings in an agile start-up environment.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a self-motivated, agile client manager / project manager ideally based in Berlin. You are a detail oriented, well organised and energetic addition to our team, with a hands-on and open minded attitude.
It is possible to work full-time (40 hours per week) or part-time (30-35 hours per week).
1. You bring min. 3-4 years of experience as a client or project manager within a wide area of responsibility.
2. You have exceptional organizational and analytical skills and pride yourself to be self-organized and always on top of your deliverables.
3. You have experience in managing projects and processes, with external stakeholders/clients and/or internal groups. You enjoy working on multiple projects at the time, coordinating teams and have a strong attention to detail.
4. You have the ability to communicate confidently – both through speaking and writing – with colleagues and clients from all levels of an organization. You are a networker and enjoy building new contacts and relationships within your client base and the gift card industry.
5. You confidently excel in working with project management tools like Asana, are able to build efficient project management tool and templates and will always look for a way to run projects in a more efficient way.
6. You enjoy being creative when it comes to thinking of new sales and marketing opportunities and combine this with strong negotiation and influencing skills.
7. You are an independent and pragmatic problem solver with a hands-on mentality. Furthermore, you thrive learning new skills and don’t hesitate to take over ownership even in unknown waters.
8. You work autonomously and drive projects on your own.
9. You are a team player, understanding that only as a team will we reach our goals.
10. You have strong interpersonal skills and enjoy working in an agile and fast-moving start-up environment, always ready for the next challenges. Your English is excellent as our office and client language is English. Ideally, you also speak German. Additional languages such as French, Italian, Dutch, Spanish are a big plus.